Restore Your Smile With Dental Crown & Bridge Treatment
At The Dental Health Practice on Merivale in Nepean, we’re focused on providing our patients with oral care solutions that help them maintain a healthy and beautiful smile for life. Playing a crucial role in restoring and replacing damaged and missing teeth, dental crowns and bridges help protect and strengthen a patient’s oral health.
What is a dental crown?
A custom-made, tooth-shaped cap that is placed over a damaged or decayed tooth, a dental crown helps restore a tooth's size, shape, strength, and appearance. Crowns are typically made from durable materials such as porcelain or ceramic, and they can blend seamlessly with natural teeth.
What is a dental bridge?
A dental bridge is a prosthetic appliance used to replace one or more missing teeth. It consists of two or more crowns on either side of the gap (abutment teeth) and a false tooth (pontic) in between. Dental bridges can not only restore your smile's aesthetics, but they can also help prevent adjacent teeth from shifting, which can lead to further oral health issues.
What benefits do they provide?
1. Restoring Tooth Function: Dental crowns help strengthen and protect weakened or damaged teeth, allowing patients to bite, chew, and speak comfortably.
2. Aesthetic Enhancement: Crowns and bridges improve the appearance of misshapen, discolored, or missing teeth, boosting self-confidence and enhancing smiles.
3. Maintaining Facial Structure: Missing teeth can lead to sagging facial muscles, making individuals look older. Dental bridges preserve the facial structure by filling the gaps and supporting adjacent teeth.
4. Preventing Dental Issues: Dental bridges prevent adjacent teeth from shifting into the empty space, reducing the risk of misalignment, bite problems, and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders.
How long do these restorations last?
The lifespan of dental crowns and bridges depends on various factors, including oral hygiene practices, dietary habits, and regular dental checkups. With proper care, dental crowns have the potential to last anywhere from 10 to 15 years, while dental bridges have the potential to last 15 years or more.
Are you interested in learning more? Call us today to schedule a personalized consultation!
Contact Us About Crown & Bridge Services Today!
- Replace one or more missing teeth
- Strengthen a significantly damaged tooth
- Restore your speaking & chewing function
- Prevent neighboring teeth from shifting
- Boost your confidence!