TMD (TMJ) Therapy in Nepean, Ontario
In addition to treating teeth, Dr. Janet S. Leith also treats patients with TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) pain. TMJ can vary widely but common symptoms include:
- Clicking or pain in the jaw joint, just in front of your ears
- Locking of the jaw either open or closed
- Pain and stiffness in the muscle of the jaw, particularly in the cheeks and temples, neck and shoulders
- Problems with opening or moving your mouth
- Frequent headaches or migraines
- Teeth that are loose
- Ringing or pain in the ears
Since TMJ symptoms affect each person differently, the best way to treat your case is with a comprehensive diagnosis. Without knowing specifically what is causing you pain, the symptoms will likely continue to persist. Dr. Janet S. Leith will customize your treatment plan according to your specific needs. Anything, ranging from oral appliances and orthodontics to massage therapy and physiotherapy, may be recommended.
Our dentists and staff are committed to your comfort and health and will do everything possible to eliminate your TMJ pain once and for all. Contact our office in Nepean, Ontario to set up an appointment today.